What are some items you are always carrying with you? A cell phone? Wallet? Bag? Money?
Starting today, you should add water to your list. Ultimately, staying hydrated and drinking plenty of water will greatly benefit your health. Drink water consistently throughout the day, especially first thing when you wake up in the morning. There are different variables that factor in to how much water an individual should consume, such as activity level, climate, diet, etc. I think the best way to determine if you are drinking adequate water by the color of your pee. If it isn’t coming out clear, you aren’t drinking enough.
Let me give you a bunch of reasons you should drink more water and eliminate other drinks from you diet.
- Water is necessary for digestion
- Consuming more water WILL boost your metabolism
- Water allows your kidneys to function properly
- Water can promote weight loss
- Consuming more water can reduce joint pain
- Helps your body distribute nutrients
- Approximately 60% of your body is made up of water! You need it to survive and live a healthy lifestyle.